PhD opportunities at Manchester.
Sent: 02 December 2016 09:39
Subject: PhD Funding Opportunities in Classics & Ancient History, University of Manchester
- AHRC studentships through the North-West Consortium Doctoral Training Partnership (NWC DTP; see the North West Consortium Doctoral Training Partnership). Please note that this scheme allows for joint supervision between institutions which are members of the relevant 'pathway' in the consortium: members of the Classics & Ancient History pathway are the University of Liverpool, Manchester Metropolitan University, and the University of Manchester. If you would like to explore this option, please contact, in the first instance, the institution at which you plan to base your PhD.
- President’s Doctoral Scholarships: for Home/EU/International tuition fees, plus a maintenance stipend (equivalent to the RCUK stipend).
- School awards: for Home/EU/International tuition fees, plus a maintenance stipend (equivalent to the RCUK stipend).
- The Department of Classics & Ancient History is also pleased to invite applications for the Lees Scholarship, for PhD research in the field of Latin (including literary, historical, philosophical and linguistic topics); this award covers Home/EU tuition fees for up to three years.
Potential applicants to our PhD programme should consult their prospective supervisor as soon as possible, or contact our Postgraduate Research Officer (email@example.com), who is always happy to discuss potential applications, to answer specific queries about the application process, and to arrange visits to the Department.
- Postgraduate funding (main University website with non-subject specific funding opportunities)
- Funding for postgraduate research students in SALC (School of Arts, Languages and Cultures funding opportunities)